Saturday, March 7, 2015

Healthy banana split smoothie

If you've been a reader of my blog for any substantial amount of time, you know I am a self proclaimed fatty. I enjoy a good treat from time to time AKA everyday. But even "healthy" treats should be consumed in moderation. That's why I am so happy to have found a good recipe for a healthy smoothie that I tastes like a banana split but I can feel good about eating for breakfast! 

You'll need:
1 banana
2 T "just great stuff" peanut butter powder
1 c almond milk 
Enough ice to make a smoothie texture. 
Here is a picture of the powdered peanut butter: 

As a side note, let me tell you why I can't advocate PB2. When companies take the fat out of products, they need to add something to compensate for the taste. So, they add sugar. PB2 has a lot of sugar but no fat. I do not condone the consumption of processed sugars and will never use them in recipes on my blog. This brand, however, though does the same thing, adds coconut sugar in instead of cane sugar. Coconut sugar is high in vitamins, minerals, potassium, magnesium etc. and it a VERY healthy addition. If you're going to consume powdered peanut butter, read the labels. 

Add all your ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth! Drink. Repeat. 
I'm so fancy. 

My husband tasted this and kept taking my cup from me. Needless to say, we have them a lot now! 

Happy healthy healing! 

❤️️kbs 

No comments:

Post a Comment