Friday, July 5, 2013

Natural remedy for bug bites

Guys....

I have bug bites from hell. The back of my ankles now have ZERO definition. They may as well be cankles...I've got a few on my knees and regrettably one got down my shirt...(wtf) 

I also have like a 7th degree sun burn. Is that even possible? It kills. But honestly, the bites are worse and this stupid benedryl cream isn't doing squat. Typical. 

So I decided to do the natural remedy thing...why did I wait? Cause I'm dumb from time to time and have to keep reminding myself that holistic is my route. 

Soooo. This is what I did:

Remember in movies where characters would be at the spa and what did they always have on their eyes? Cucumbers!  Paulo in The Princess Diaries tried to tell young girls everywhere that "the cucumber does nothing. This is something we make up." Paulo, go back to your country. 

Cucumbers are amazing! 

The reason why they go on your eyes is to reduce puffiness and restore moisture. 

So, first step of your quest to anti itching is to place THINLY sliced cucumbers on your bites. If the cucumbers are too thick, it will just irritate the skin around your bite. Or, if they are as huge as mine, it will irritate the bite itself. SLICE THIN. 

Leave your cucumbers on for a good five minutes. 

Next, place some plastic wrap on a flat surface and drop a teaspoon of RAW natural honey. If your honey has any sort of processed sugar in it, you run the risk of irritating your skin further. Avoid honeys that are partial syrups. Bad bad bad. You want a nice raw natural honey because in its pure form, it's a natural antibiotic; it will naturally heal and sooth the skin while preventing infection. 

You are going to want to take the honey on the plastic and wrap it around the bite. Tie it off and let it sit for a few minutes. 

Rinse with warm water and feel soothed and itch free! :) 

Happy healthy healing!

<3 KBS

No comments:

Post a Comment