Thursday, September 19, 2013

Protien pancakes

I've been doing a program with my work where I have to drink a meal replacement shake every morning for breakfast. 
As someone who doesn't even like breakfast as is, this has gotten REALLY old... Yet I prevail. 
My wellness coach through the program says its okay to eat an egg or some nuts or fruit with it to keep me held over for the four hours I wait for lunch. 
This morning I decided to mix the egg and meal replacement shake and make a protien filled pancake. :) 

Ingredients: 
2 scoops (scoop from your protien shake container) vanilla protien powder/meal replacement 
2 eggs 
1/3 c blueberries (or other pancake mix ins)
1t baking powder 

Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Pour 1/3 cup batter in heated nonstick (you may even want to spray) pan. Cover with lid for roughly 2 minutes and flip. Cook uncovered until cooked through. 
If you don't cover it, they don't cook through as well and burn...
Yeilds approximately 6, 4 inch pancakes. 

I topped with a few drizzles of honey. 

I imagine chocolate chips or any other additive regularity found in pancakes would be delicious!  

Enjoy! 

Happy healthy healing! 

<3 KBS

No comments:

Post a Comment