Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Seize those stretchmarks!

I think it's safe to say I've done an AMPLE amount of growing in the last few weeks (let's be honest...this picture is from week 15 to week 18. It hasn't taken long.)
I'm all for signs of a healthy baby and growing seems to be one of those signs, but I must say, stretch marks TERRIFY ME! 

From the time I found out I was pregnant I have been literally bathing myself in coconut oil! Not to be strange, but I'm in the tub writing this and there's coconut oil in the water...I'm that serious about this stuff...and after I get out, you can mark my words I'll be rubbing it on my tummy again. (If you want to get punched in the face, use the word belly around me. I dare you...) 

I remember when I worked at the Nissan dealership way back when, I was reading a book called "the coconut oil miracle" by dr. Fife. My friend Lindsey still teases me to this day about my odd behaviors while working  there; reading that book being one of those oddities. 

But in all seriousness...coconut oil is amaze balls! Good for the hair, good for the skin, good for digestion and so good for stretch marks.

Not that I know what the difference would be if I didn't go crazy lathering up at week 7, but I honestly feel it's why I haven't had a ton of problems while growing this insanely fast. Matter of fact, I got some stretchmarks on my boobs from maturing quickly and I've even been rubbing it on them and the stretchmarks are fading...so I know to give credit where credit is due.

Not only does coconut oil heal and repair the damaged skin, but it also will help with my skins elasticity as it continues to grow. 
So, pregnant ladies, take heed. I get that I'm a little on the holistic psycho side...but if there's a time to listen to me...this is it. Besides, you don't even feel greasy after because it absorbs so well. However, You will smell like a tropical delight...soooo there's that. 

Lather up!!


Happy healthy healing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment