Thursday, October 2, 2014

Healthy pumpkin spice latte made with Crio Bru

I Hi. Im Kyli and I'm a 100% yoga pant wearing, scarf sporting, baggy t shirt trudging, fall loving, PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE drinking-- stereotypical white girl. However... Now that I'm no longer holding ranks in the fat and pregnant department, I also try and eat clean. 😁 

Eating clean + Starbucks doesn't ever really seem to mesh. Sorry Starbucks. 

But that's okay because that's how innovation in my kitchen came to be. I tried to makeover the infamous pumpkin spice latte tonight and I can't say I'm disappointed. 

Just bear with my recipe as I tend to use Rachel Ray measurements...and... I don't measure. These are guesstimates and you'll probably have to do most to taste. 

Crio Bru Pumpkin Spice Latte 

1/4 can organic pumpkin 
1 T nutmeg
1 T cinnamon
1/4 c coconut sugar
1 t organic real vanilla extract
2 C brewed Crio Bru 
1 C whole milk (I use raw... Or, you can use coconut milk) 

In a small saucepan over low heat, combine: pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut sugar and vanilla. Cook until fragrant. 
Move pumpkin mix to a bowl and slowly stir In milk and brewed Crio. 
At this point you may need to reheat mix as the milk makes it cold.
Pour in your favorite mug, top with whipped cream (organic, grass fed, free range if possible) and devour! (Add more sweetener if needed. This recipe wasn't sweet enough for my husband...I personally like the bitter kick.)




A few side notes: Crio Bru is high in magnesium..which helps you absorb vitamin c...which you should supplement with if you're scared of Ebola like most of the nation. ;) 

Crio Bru is also high in theobromine. Which will give you a nice
Consistent energy and leave you free from a caffeine crash! 

Those are only two of the numerous benefits! Crio Bru is GREAT and can replace your daily coffee. 

Happy fall!!! 🍁🌳🍂


Happy, healthy, healing

No comments:

Post a Comment