Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Healthified puppy chow (muddy buddies)

Ever just get a hankering for something sweet?? That was me this morning. And suffice it to say, the bananas, honey and cinnamon "dessert" wasn't cutting it. So I got inventive. I healthified puppy chow; commonly known as muddy buddies. Side note: while following this recipe... They don't stay as crunchy because I didn't use legitimate chocolate or any oil. Just keep that in mind. :)

Healthified puppy chow:
One box gluten free rice chex
3/4 c all natural, no sweetener added, peanut butter.
1/2 c all natural coco powder (if its bitter, it's good. If it tastes like powdered chocolate bar, don't use it.)
1/3 c bolthouse farm chai tea latte
1/4 c honey
1/4 c powdered sugar (optional)

Dump chex cereal in a box.
Combine peanut butter, cocoa powder, chai tea and honey in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Stir until everything has dissolved and a sauce has formed. Let cool. Once cool, dump over chex and mix until coated. If desired, add powdered sugar and coat. (Don't add powdered sugar if you don't eat sugar.)

Once mixed, enjoy!

I really was happy with this recipe. Like aforementioned, the chex gets mushy because of no oil and its not a chocolate bar. :) let me know how it goes. You can see my mix below!



No comments:

Post a Comment