Thursday, August 8, 2013

Skinny Horchata


 So, I have this sister....

And she has this cute little family



And more motivation to work out in a single day than I think I have ever had in my whole life! 



Needless to say, my sister has always known a thing or two when it comes to being fit and creating low fat delicacies! 

She'd make these little chocolate cookie things when we lived in cedar city that were low in calories and we would just down the whole pan while watching something refreshing such as 13 going on 30. 

That’s beside the point. I just wanted to let everyone know she has a low calorie baking/cooking/mixing history. 

I absolutely love her.

I wanted to make sure you all knew I DO NOT claim this recipe as my own. This is all SHAWNI! :) Hence the introduction. :)

Gluten free/sugar free/grain free/Paleo friendly horchata! 
 If you aren't familiar with horchata, it’s a Mexican drink that has milk, loads of sugar, rice (which kind of makes me gag) and spices. Shawni has taken this popular drink and turned it into a low calorie/sugar free (allergy friendly) delight! 
Get ready!


Skinny Horchata
1 C. Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 tsp. Stevia (truvia)
Cinnamon to taste (Shawni recommends a lot...cinnamon also is a powerful anti-oxidant and helps lower bad cholesterol so top it off, friends!)

Mix well and drink up!

 
three simple ingredients

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WERE WORRIED: this only has 30 calories in an 8 ounce glass and ZERO grams of sugar. Take that traditional horchata!! And it’s so simple! 



Drink up!


Happy, Healthy, Healing!! 




<3 KBS

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha love you too Ky. You make me sound better than I really am but you just have me a major self esteem boost, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete