Monday, October 14, 2013

All Natural Disinfectant

I have an unhealthy obsession with Lysol wipes. Why must they make my life so easy? My unhealthy obsession has made me question them being healthy in and of themselves...Sadly, I already knew the answer.
 
Boo!!! Dumb wipes!


Growing up, my mom always used rags to wipe down the counters. When the rags got old or when they weren't rung out properly, they would get this stench that was comparable to...Oh, gosh...comparable to nothing I've ever smelled. the smell still makes me sick to think about.

Suffice it to say, I was not about to use rags as my way of cleaning once I wiped the evil Lysol wipes out of my life. (Did you see what I did there? Ha!)

Moving on; I have been studying the benefits of essential oils lately and I decided I would make an anti-bacterial cleanser with them to replace my ever beloved wipes. Judge me all you want you little tiny-carbon-footprint people...but I won't give up my paper towels. I WON'T!

Guys, I can't tell you how excited I was with how well this worked. And to top it off, I'm not afraid of what it's doing to my skin or my brain while I'm using it! I even put together a little test sample video if you you want to see for yourself how well it works, CLICK HERE!

What I didn't record was going into the water closet (AKA Toilet area) and recording, under the black light, the green germs disappearing AS I SPRAYED. The Husband came home from work and I was literally giddy. It took about .2 seconds after I sprayed my Magical oil mixture for the germs under the black light to disappear. MEGA STOKED!!! 

To make this MAGICAL mixture you will need:
1-4 C water (depending on how you you like your potency)
15-20 drops Lemon
15-20 drops Tea Tree Oil (only my favorite oil of all time!)
15-20 drops Dragons Breath (exclusively a Natures Fusions oil and one of this mixes main germ killers)
1-4 TBSP white vinegar (if you use one cup water use one TBSP vinegar. if you use 4 cups water use 4 TBSP vinegar etc.


add mix to a spray bottle and start sanitizing!! I LOVE THIS MIX. If you can't tell, I am very enthused!

Happy, Healthy, Healing (and CLEANING)!!!

<3 KBS 

No comments:

Post a Comment