Saturday, October 26, 2013

Natural Pie Filling

Despite the 70 degree weather, my brain is ready for fall. We're making cobbler at the cabin tonight and I wanted to try something different. But I didn't want to buy apple pie filling...gross... So I made some. 

You'll need:
8 medium gala apples, sliced
1/3 c. Organic evaporated cane sugar 
1/4 c. Arrow root powder
2 T cinnamon 
2 t clove 
1 1/2 c. water 

Stir all ingredients, except apples, in your pot until dissolved and mixed in. 
Then, add apples to the pot and bring to a simmer and cover for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. 
Put the soft apples in mason jars and top with the remaining syrup. Close lids and set in a boiling pot for roughly 20 minutes. 
Store over night and then it's ready to use! 
According to the recipe I tweaked, as long as your lids are tightly sealed this recipe will stay good for a year in the pantry. :) enjoy! I'll add the cobbler recipe when I get home! Bon appetite!


Happy healthy healing!!! 

<3 KBS



No comments:

Post a Comment