Sunday, November 3, 2013

Gluten free apple pie

Happy Sunday. I woke up to a beautiful overcast and rainy sky---and an insane urge to BAKE! 
A few weeks ago I posted my all natural pie filling recipe. http://naturalandnutty.blogspot.com/2013/10/natural-pie-filling.html?m=1
This is what you will need to start with for this pie. :) 

Then, the crust is very easy!! I have a giant five pound bag of Pamela's gluten free bread mix. (I buy mine on iherb.com)
It calls for:
3.5 c Pamela's mix (or any other gluten free/ paleo flour you enjoy) 
2 sticks butter (I use kerrygold because it's grass fed and organic!)
And 7-8 T water

You'll cut the butter (chilled) into pea sized balls and mix them in the Pamela's mix. Then, while the mixer is still going. You will slowly add the water a table spoon at a time until desired consistency. It shouldn't be too dry! 
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes with or without your pie filling. I chose to bake the crust first, then added the filling and top cross crosses. :) 

Enjoy! 

Happy, healthy, healing!

<3 KBS

No comments:

Post a Comment