Monday, December 9, 2013

Eggnog Chia Seed Pudding

You don't have to be a genius to make Chia seed pudding. Basically, anything that is semi liquid, mixed with the right amount of Chia seeds will do the trick. However, I did feel pretty genius when I came up with my  pudding recipe tonight.

I get in the Christmas spirit starting late September and I can't seem to get it out of my system until after Valentines. Is it possible to be the opposite of scrooge? I just feel like magic happens around Christmas; Fresh, crisp snow... Kids being abnormally good...adults being nicer, more loving and more giving than normal...You just don't get the feeling of Christmas the other months of the year. :) Not to mention the treats DOUBLE during the holiday months.

If you are a veteran of my blog, you aren't surprised when I talk about clean eating. I just can't handle sugar. It makes me have night terrors, tummy aches, headaches and...oh yeah, I bleed internally. I just can't do it. But if you've kept up with my rantings and ravings you'll also know I'm a treat whore. You'll also know I blame my mother because she fed me peanut M&M's for breakfast a greater part of my teenage years. Well balanced, Mom...Well balanced.

MOVING ON!

I love eggnog. And until I discovered that not all eggnog is created equal, I wasn't able to drink it. However, this year we bought pasture raised, grass fed, organic eggnog. If you are smart like my step-dad, you just inserted your own little "I didn't know eggnog was raised on a pasture" joke there. If you are unfamiliar with pasture raised dairy, I suggest you google the benefits. I'm feeling too snarky to explain.

I had a little bit of this heaven in a bottle left after Thanksgiving. I was trying to clear out space in the fridge for my almond milk when I discovered the last bit of this holiday gem. Coincidentally enough, I was also making Chia seed pudding. So, I grabbed a few tablespoons of Chia seeds, my magical eggnog, mixed the two and 3.5 hours later, heaven had set in my fridge! See for yourself!

ERMERGERD!!! CHIA EGGNOG PUDDING! I will now die 100% happy!


WHAT? All the other bloggers make their food look cute. I'm folding under the immense peer pressure. 


 Look at that creamy goodness!!

YOU'LL NEED

2 TBSP Chia Seeds

1.5 Cups All Natural, Organic, Pasture Raised, Hormone free (etc) Eggnog 

1 Mason Jar Or Sealed Container

mix all ingredients in your jar/container and let sit in the freezer for 3.5 hours or overnight. 

ENJOY! 

So why chia seeds? This will tell you.

Happy, Healthy, Healing all you treat whores out there!!!


<3 KBS

No comments:

Post a Comment