Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Healthified Peppermint Bark

Last year when I was teaching pre-school, one of the mom's bought us all 30 dollar tins of the Williams-Sonoma peppermint bark. Can you say addict? I had never had it before and even being a staunch no-sugar-freak I couldn't stop eating it!!
So, this year when the holidays rolled around, I decided I trusted myself enough to experiment. I've learned a thing or two in the last year about playing with my food and not grossing the masses out.

You will need:

1 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
1 Cup sugar free yogurt chips (I found mine at my local health food store) make sure they don't contain aspertame.
4-6 drops peppermint essential oil (I used my favorite Natures Fusions brand)
1/8 cup sugar free candy cane (find a brand with Xylitol as the sweetener)
MAYBE 1-2 TBSP coconut oil

PROCESS:

In separate saucepans, melt your chocolate and your yogurt on a very low heat. 



If either mixure gets too thick, adding a tablespoon of coconut oil with smooth them out and not cause a drastic texture change in the overall product.

Once they are melted, add 2-3 drops of peppermint oil in each pan.

taking the chocolate, drop a small amounts in the bottom of a lined mini-cupcake pan. Set in the freezer until chocolate hardens.
once hardened, put a layer of yogurt and sprinkle crushed candy cane on top and return to the freezer for another five minutes. 

once each mix has set, nothing will be stopping you from devouring every last one! Bon appetite!





Keep refrigerated!

Happy healthy healing! 

<3 KBS

No comments:

Post a Comment