Monday, July 7, 2014

Sugar free, pectin free, preservative free strawberry jam (in under ten minutes!!!)

The best part of this recipe HAD to be
the fact that my big pregnant belly didn't have to be standing any longer than ten minutes. I've wanted to get into canning, but have turned into a self proclaimed lazy arse. 

I ran into this picture
a few weeks back and had to try it! 

However, like a lot of pictures, it got left to rot in my camera roll and I just barely found it again today. Lucky enough, I had all of the ingredients and went to work! 

I did make a few changes, though. I used 3 cups of strawberries, no raspberries and I did two batches, one where I tried to use maple syrup (the real stuff, but aunt jamima) for the sweetener; just cause sometimes it's a little sweeter and it makes it vegan. :) (note: I am not vegan but I like to provide my readers with vegan options to help out when I can.) 

Strawberries and honey in the blender.
Soaking chia seeds
Beautiful finished product! 

Simple few steps and you have a raw, organic (assuming you used organic strawberries) sugar-free, superfood infused jam! And it costs just a fraction of what a good jam would cost at the health food store. 

Gotta love it! I imagine it would turn out well with things like, blackberries, blueberries, mixed berries or anything that has a seed to disguise the chia seed randomly in there! If you try it, let me know how you like it!! 


Happy, healthy, healing!! 


❤️ KBS! 

1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing! i used half honey and half maple syrup! delicious!

    ReplyDelete