Monday, November 17, 2014

Thanksgiving Challenge

I love this time of year. People just seem to be a little bit...better. 

We live in a world where there's so much bad going on. The song that goes: "we need a little Christmas right this very minute." Is my theme song all year round. I'm a winter kid to the core. I find snow magical and the all around general cheer refreshing in this day and age. 

Simply said, the world has far too much sadness and negativity. 

So, I am proposing a challenge. Take a treat to a stranger. 

We all know when we were little we loved presents and surprises. For some reason as adults, we act like we don't enjoy the simplicity of a fun treat delivered. I remember always coyly checking the front porch to see if our neighbors left Christmas treats. I'll admit that all day long. But, I also remember loving driving around with my mom delivering treats. 

Needless to say, it's a fun time of year and I think we can all agree it's fun to get treats and fills our hearts with happy! 

So, what I've done is printed a cute holiday printable and prepared a treat...I also (embarrassed) wrote a little poem asking them to pass it on. I didn't give it to a neighbor or anyone I knew. I drove to a random house in a random neighborhood and left a little bit of happiness. 

Here comes the cliche: it was more fun for me to sneakily drop off a treat to a stranger than it was for them to recieve it, I'm sure. 

So, take ten minutes today. Prepare a treat, print out this poem and help brighten your day and someone else's! 

Happy, healthy, healing! 


❤️️KBS 




No comments:

Post a Comment