Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Vegetable Sausage Pesto with Quinoa Pasta

Im getting back on track. Pregnancy was not good for my poor diet. I ate what made me not feel like I was going to vomit and unfortunately it wasn't good. 

As I'm starting to regain energy and get more innovative, I'm eating clean and that's only helping my energy issues. 

We were lucky that mike got a deer this year. We decided to make it into homemade summer sausage. It was a blast to make and we have loved having it around for different snacks, lunches, breakfasts and last night: dinner!! 

For this delicious recipe, you'll need:

1 box quinoa pasta
1 small bushel asparagus 
4-6 cups spinach 
1 cup sausage (we used summer sausage) 
4 pesto cubes (I found them in the frozen section at Walmart. GMO free, no preservatives, no artificial colors or flavors and gluten free!) 
4 tbsp olive oil 
1/2 C cream
 
Cook quinoa pasta according to box.
Put spinach in strainer and set aside. 
Put two tbs oil in a frying pan and sauté asparagus. When tender (15 minutes) set aside. 
When pasta is done, pour over spinach to wilt spinach and drain pasta. Set aside. 
Cut up and fry sausage 
Set everything aside in the strainer. 
In the frying pan, add the rest of the oil, cubes of pesto and cream. Once the cubes are melted, add the pasta, sausage and veggies into the sauce and heat until warm. 
Then, enjoy! 

This was super delicious! 

Happy, healthy, healing! 

❤️️KBS 

No comments:

Post a Comment