Saturday, November 8, 2014

Venison Roast with Bone Broth

If you read my last post you'll see my bone broth and why it's so healthy! I plan on drinking some daily for digestive assistance but mike also wanted to try and make a roast with it. 

Now, in the past we haven't had much luck with roasts. Venison is too lean and dries out too quickly. However, I used the marrow in my broth so that added a little fat to the equation. We also tried searing the roast before adding it to retain some moisture. This made all the difference!! 

For this recipe you'll need: 

1 venison roast 
3 c bone broth (read my last post for they recipe) 
3 butter potatoes, cubed
1 lb baby carrots 
1/2 yellow onion 
Water 

Start by searing your roast. Slice onions and line the bottom of your crock pot with them. Place seared roast on beD of sliced onions. Top with potatoes and carrots. Add broth and fill the rest of your crock pot with water. Cook on high 4 hours and turn to low for another 4 hours. You'll have a nice tender roast and perfectly cooked vegetables! 


No comments:

Post a Comment