Friday, January 9, 2015

Gluten free, refined sugar free cookie in a cup

Update!! I still wasn't crazy about using evaporated cane sugar so I added 1/2 T pure maple in place of it and it turned out magnificent!

In the midst of swearing off refined sugar and processed gluten, I've become a bit of a grump. My sugar detox has left me witchy and my poor family hiding, shaking in the corner.

I needed to get inventive. 

I created a gluten free, refined sugar free cookie in a cup! And, because I'm a saint, I decided I shall share it with the masses. You're so welcome. 

For this recipe, you will need: 

1 T clarified butter
1 T coconut sugar 
1 T evaporated cane sugar (or 1/2 T pure maple syrup) 
Dash of sea salt 
1 egg yolk 
1/4 C +1 T gluten free oat flour 
10-15 dark chocolate chips 

Put clarified butter in a cup and microwave for 30 seconds. 


Add two sugars and salt and mix until disolved. 


Mix in egg yolk. 

Stir in 1/4 C flour. Mix until Then slowly add the remaining tablespoon until the dough starts to look like cookie dough. 

Sprinkle in the chocolate chips and microwave for 60 seconds. 

Though I don't generally enjoy the microwave, this saved me from eating an entire batch of cookies by myself. Because mind you, I would have! ;) 

Happy, healthy, sugar free healing! 😘

❤️KBS



No comments:

Post a Comment