Sunday, January 11, 2015

Maple Bacon Oatmeal



I was told by kinisiologist that I need to be eating more oatmeal.

Homemade oatmeal and I don't get along. I usually mess it up. However the last few months with trying to eat more oatmeal anyway, I feel like I've got the hang of it and it has stopped making me gag. 

This morning however was on point. 

Bacon? Maple? People put it on donuts, why can't I put it on my oatmeal? 

Match made in heaven. And so simple. 

Serves 2
1 C. Oats 
1/4 cup pure maple (not aunt jemima) 
3 strips uncured, nitrate free, hormone free, preservative free, bacon (not all bacon is created equal)
1/4 t black strap molasses
1/2 T chia seeds 
1/2 T ground flax 

Make oatmeal like normal. (Half cup oats one cup water microwave 2 minutes) 
Cook bacon and crumble. 
Add all ingredients to a bowl, stir together and devour!
Your oatmeal experience will never be the same! 

You're welcome. 

Happy, healthy, healing! 

😘️KBS 

No comments:

Post a Comment