Sunday, January 18, 2015

Oat flour Pancakes


Oat flour has become one of my best friends. The texture of it is much more enjoyable than other gluten free flours! 
This morning I thought I had some gluten free pancake mix so I promised my husband pancakes. Fail. 
Improvision. Like I do! 

You'll need: 
2 C oat flour 
1 tsp coconut sugar 
1 T baking powder 
1/2 tsp salt
1 C milk 
2 eggs 
1 1/2 T coconut oil 

Preheat skillet on medium. 
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. 
Oat flour, coconut sugar, 
Baking powder and salt. 
Eggs, milk and oil. 

Mix well! 

Add in any fruit or dark chocolate chips you'd like: 


Add a little bit of clarified butter in your  skillet and drop 1/4 C mixture in a circle on the skillet. Flip once you can easily slide a spatula under. Press down lightly to check if it feels spongy and springs back. If so, it's done! 

Top with real maple syrup and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment