Monday, January 26, 2015

Quinoa and Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers


I've started a glorious tradition where me and a bunch of girls and our baby boys get together on Monday nights, eat delicious food and watch the bachelor. In all honestly we've only all done it once. But I'm already in love with the tradition. 

Tonight I had to cancel because my tiny tonton has a cough and congestion and I don't want to get all the other babies sick. However, brave little Sheila wasn't scared of us and she came over anyway. What a great soul. 😊 

We had a sick party. Pajamas, blankets, baby snuggles and food! We decided to get inventive and try a different version of stuffed peppers. And oh my goodness, I approve! 

You'll need: 
3 bell peppers; de-seeded and cut in half
1 chicken breast; cooked and shredded
1 cup quinoa; cooked
1 can black beans; drained and rinsed
3/4 C. Cheese with 1/4 C set aside
1/2 can enchilada sauce 
1 t garlic powder
1 t chili powder 
1 t onion powder
1 t cumin 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cook chicken and quinoa. In the mean time add the remaining ingredients (apart from peppers) to a bowl and stir. 
Once chicken and quinoa are cooked add them to the bowl and mix thoroughly. 
Stuff this mixture into the pepper halves and set on a cookie sheet. 
Bake for 30 minutes or until peppers are soft. 
Top with remaining cheese and cook until melted. (We did about 3 minutes.) 

Enjoy! These were delish! 

Happy healthy healing! 

❤️️KBS 




No comments:

Post a Comment