Sunday, February 1, 2015

Gluten free, refined sugar free sugar cookie

If you're sick of my love affair with oat flour, exit the page. 

If you live in utah and have been to slurp, you know the insane struggle of not going DAILY and getting their sugar cookies. Yes. Daily. They're so good. 

I was craving them today. Craving. So...I figured what's an hour wasted if there's a CHANCE I could recreate a healthier version. 

Needless to say, I wasn't expecting much. 

But the husband gave these a 8-9/10 and the whole family loved them later! I was so happy! Decorating sugar cookies was my favorite childhood activity and now I have a recipe I feel okay letting my child eat when he gets older! 

And it was easy! 

You'll need: (for the cookies) 

3 C oat flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt 
1 stick grass fed butter 
1 free range egg 
1 C. Evaporated cane sugar 
1 tbsp water 

Set oven for 370 Fahrenheit. Grease cookie sheet and set aside. 
Mix flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside. Cream together softened butter, sugar, egg and water on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Add flour mixture to liquid mixture 1/2 cup at a time until dough doesn't stick to the sides of the mixing bowl. 
Once completely mixed together, wrap in waxed paper and set in the freezer while you make your frosting! 

You'll need: (for frosting)
1.5 C evaporated cane sugar 
3 T tapioca flour 
1/2 stick butter (softened)
Water 
 
Add cane sugar and tapioca flour to a blender or magic bullet and blend until the consistency is a fine powder. Add butter and a little bit of water. Blend and add little amounts of water until it's the consistency you desire. Set aside. 

Remove cookie dough from the fridge and place on new piece of wax paper. Roll out and cut with the rim of a cup or choice of cookie cutters. 
Place on greased cookie sheet and bake 6-7 minutes. 
Remove from oven, cool, frost and enjoy!! 


Happy healthy healing!

❤️️️KBS 





No comments:

Post a Comment